zaterdag 29 januari 2011

a heart

For my first piece in Jude's CWB class
I tore up strips and started weaving
.........
then I realized that I had quite a stash of  left-over strips
from the "Michael James"quilt I made a few years ago
cut strips, but why not use them ?


In class someone started a heart ....
Jude then set the pace
and now hearts are popping up all over the globe !
I also had a try
I basted it with normal basting thread on a piece of white cotton
now what
hang it in a tree ?

Because there is a lot of snow and cold wind over there, Jude said :
"weave me a bit of sunshine"
.....
and that's what I'm trying now
Still a lot of thinking, re-arranging and stitching to do
but I like the beginning so far
......

Sock knitting will have to stop a bit says my elbow
I finished the so far last pair tonight :
do you like mrs. Bigfoot and mr. Smallfoot ?

 same yarn, different way

4 opmerkingen:

  1. love those socks. especially the colors. and you know i think your heart and sunshine are magnificent.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. OH! this is nice... Your heart is magnificent! Maybe I'll have one to upload tomorrow or Monday.

    :~) Debi

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Wow..... your socks are awesome.... I think the left one is my favorite.... how you made matching ones??? :)

    Your heart is beautiful..... reminds me of the different suns shown on the "Sunday Morning" show that is airs on Sunday morning..... one of my favorite shows. Thanks for sharing.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen