dinsdag 4 juni 2013

my lovely machine

What a lovely day it was yesterday !
No, no sun to be seen 
(well ... maybe a minute or two ...)
but we were inside 
being creative 
"We" was me and my dear friend Wil 
she explained to me a certain known technique, 
she refined for her own art-quilts

(Wil's work on the "Art Quilts in Nederland" exhibition last May)

It has been quite some time since I used my machine.
( I did a lot of hand stitching lately, inspired by Jude )

First here was a lot of preparation
in several steps
painting (with diluted acrylic paint)
ironing "vliesofix" (wonder under) 
cutting 
...

but in the end I could start on my dear PFAFF

There's still a lot to be done before this try-out will be finished
because I need to do some burning too  
Ha, it's so good the weather will be fine tomorrow :
I will be burning outside 
(the fumes are not very healthy !!!)


 I will probably use parts of this technique in my own work.

Might find some inspiration in the garden ???

Wow ... these colours !


2 opmerkingen:

  1. love what you did with all that color. interesting technique and gorgeous Iris. i used to grow those flowers but they have gradually disappeared.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Fab colour on your ground fabric, Els, looking forward to seeing the outcome!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen