dinsdag 31 maart 2015

March - ing on .....

Ohhh sure,
on this last day of March
that is an appropriate title ...
(where did March go ?)

This month ended in stormy days,
and as for me :
with a runny nose and watery eyes
(yes, the common cold of the grandchildren finally got me) 
but "Jewel Square"- stitching on the machine
was still possible.

With the zipper-mended container with sewing things nearby

I did my last few needed smaller squares.

Then I laid the bigger ones (30 and 15cm) out on the floor


and the small ones (7,5cm) on the table


Then I started to arrange them the way I wanted

More or less satisfied !
(this will be a very fun kitchen blind ...)

Next I began piecing them together.
Because I didn't exactly follow Kaffe's pattern from the book
(but I used my left-over strips)
I had not done my math right as to the size 
of the middle and smaller squares :
stitching 4 small ones together left me with a smaller surface
than the size of the middle ones ...
But an extra strip at one side solved that problem
(and I think it doesn't really show,
and if it does ... I don't mind !) 

To the left is the first strip sewn together !
(leaving it all on the floor means : I have to work as fast as I can)

5 opmerkingen:

  1. Schnell musst du mit dem Zusammennähen bestimmt auch sein, weil der kleine Mann dieses schöne Puzzle gerne wieder neu mischen möchte! Lass dich ein bisschen verwöhnen und pflege deine verschnupfte Nase, Birgit

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Was für eine schöne, fröhliche Farbigkeit! Außer gelb und braun finde ich alle Farben.

    Meinst Du nicht, Du hättest zwei Streifen annähen sollen, im rechten Winkel zueinander, damit die Breite der Patches auch in der anderen Richtung stimmt? Wenn Du den nächsten Streifen im Raster annähen möchtest?

    Oder liegt der Denkfehler jetzt bei mir?

    Sei herzlichst gegrüßt und Gute Besserung!
    Heidi

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. love your sense of colour and the freedom!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Oh Els, was für eine Arbeit! Und es sieht fantastisch aus- so eine Leuchtkraft,
    richtig, richtig schön!
    Liebe Grüße
    Gabi

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen