dinsdag 8 maart 2016

a winner ! (and more)

On this
International Women's Day
I have drawn a winner for the "leap day mandala"

Delia
you're the lucky one this time !

(it will soon come to you in Germany)
*
For a long time
there was a knitting project that I wanted to make
(on Ravelry .... of course)

But after I studied the pattern a bit
I knew it would be
a difficult task !
There are videos to explain
the ingenious "stacked in and decreases"
But that's doable with a few stitches ...
but with 300 on your needle
.....

But after talking about it with someone
in the Alpaca-on-tour group this Saturday
I really started with a tiny try-out
with only 60 stitches


(the wool is Katia "Darling" and was a gift
from my dear friend "Stins" )

And because it was fun ...
(AFTER  I did a LOT of things WRONG !)
I had finally enough courage
to start with a real petal cowl !
(though mine will be a lot smaller than the original pattern !)



NORO Kureyon Sock from my stash !

When I'm really fed up
with aaaaaaaall this "stacking"
then I still have my wonderful
sock-yarn-leftovers scarf !


;-)

*

Finally I received another envelope of my felting exchange !

A card, a beautiful homemade envelope

and a fun little lizard brooch !

Thank you, Anneke ! 

7 opmerkingen:

  1. you did a great job with the Xandy Peters pattern. i started it and ripped it out twice but never got back to it but the starting stitches are still on the needle so i'll get back to it some day.too many projects right now.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Congrats to Delia! Amazing to see you learning something I could not do...not a knitter! The yarns are beautiful. What fun mail you got, even the envelope! Much better than bills!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Deanna, I ripped it out quite some times before I "got it" !!! But now I know what I'm doing, so it works ;-)
    Nancy, my "exchange-mail" is always FUN !!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Mooie breisels Els; dat vind ik me toch een Abracadabra ;-)!
    Liefs, Mirjam.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    ich bekomme sowas schönes einfach so......
    ich freue mich- ich glaube ich habe noch nie etwas gewonnen...
    love
    delia

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Liebe Delia, für alles ist ein erstes Mal ;-)
      (Adresse hab ich noch ...)

      Verwijderen