woensdag 26 juli 2017

playing with colour

Ohhhh, I've been planning to do this for soooo long
and never came to it ...
(until now)



Perhaps all the wonderful stuff
gave me the last push

I know :
I love all the natural dying stuff I see and hear about
(surely after that indigo workshop)
BUT
I don't have enough room ( and pans, electric hob)
nor do I have the skills (and recipes)
to do so successfully.
So I stuck to the "good old" Procion dye
(I did that with a good friend some years ago)

Preparing the dye (with mouth cap and gloves)

Strands of cotton and silk waiting on cling film.

First one . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . then a lot more
waiting for 24 hours.

First harvest of the wonderful silk
(looks like normal cotton embroidery floss :
only 8 strands instead of 6,
and thinner !)


YUMMY !

Started with the second batch today !

:-)




8 opmerkingen:

  1. Selbst gefärbtes Seiden Stickgarn, oh wie wundervoll Els! Da bin ich schon sehr auf dein Gesticktes damit gespannt! Und ja mit dem Färben mit Naturfarben, das braucht Platz und das mache ich auch wegen der Dämpfe in der Regel draussen vor meiner Färbeküche. Hast doch eine gute Lösung gefunden. Was lange währt wird gut! ganz herzliche Grüße

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Jaaaa Anke !!!
      Du hast viiiieeeel mehr Platz ;-)

      (enschuldige : Antwort war verschwunden)

      Verwijderen
  2. such a beautiful rainbow of colour

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. these are beautiful Els, such vibrant colours.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen